Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hot Hot Heat



I apologize for my absence, but Forbidden Broadway has grown into a beast of a show and I've been... wait for it... working my ASS off. I encourage everyone to come and see it. It's going to be such a good show. I love that the Studio is doing large shows and doing them so well. I'm super proud of this one.

Anyway, while I've been on my hands and knees peeling costumes off sweaty actors subbing in for our second dresser (yes, that's right, the Studio is moving up in the world-- we actually get a second person backstage on this one!!) the weather outside has gone from beautiful to freakin' GORGEOUS.

I'm a summer girl, always have been. Even though I grew up in the snow belt of New York State, winter has never been my thing. So there's nothing more glorious to me after a long winter than the advent of spring... and the first really hot day of the year.

Now of course it does make me slightly uneasy that this heatwave hit in April. It always amazes me when people are skeptical of global warming. But still, it's been a long, cold winter and this heatwave feels nothing short of wonderful.

Tomorrow I have plans to start my garden and go out to dinner with my girlfriend. Bring it on, summer!

No comments: