Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bah humbug?

I feel like I need to apologize for my last blog entry-- I didn't mean to be a



But although we're struggling a bit now, I have much in my life to be grateful for. I have a job, I have a wonderful girlfriend, I have a dog and a cat, I have a huge and supportive circle of friends, and of course, I have a loving, amazing family.

My mother, who once was technology adverse, but who is now an avid blog reader and text-messenger sent me this via text this morning after reading Sunday's blog:

"Hey. What's up w/ f-ing Cmas? Life surely has it's ups & downs. I feel ur pain. How can I help? Presents r overrated! XO"

Mom, you've helped just by sending me that text. You help every time you call to check in. You help every time you give me one of your big, squeez-y hugs. You help because you are an awesome mom.

I love you, Mom. I love my friends, I love my girlfriend. Thanks to everyone who helps to keep my chin up when I'm stressed and overwhelmed.

And on that note, Deb and I sat down today and talked about The Future. As in where we want to be career, relationship and money-wise in the next few years. It was good to air all the stress and anxiety and to come up with something of a unified plan. We may be going through some rough times now, but the future holds nothing but promise.

1 comment:

Weas said...

I am glad things are finding their place in life. Nothing is worse than uncertainty.
Please know that I love you, no matter what.