Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Little Holiday Cheer

or... I think I hate Christmas.




Is anybody else feeling as not-all-that-excited about the holidays as myself? Maybe I'm just a little nervous.

But the fact is, times are tough-- both on a macro & a micro scale. I can't turn on the radio without hearing about bailouts, recessions, foreclosures, unemployment... it's beginning to make my head spin. Meanwhile, things around me keep getting more and more expensive and the bills are starting to pile up. It's hard to keep your head up in this climate.

Not to mention my recent episodes of bad luck that have really been a setback for us, both physically and emotionally. I sometimes feel like I have a dark cloud following me around. Jeez, in the last two months I have sucessfully fucked up both of my legs.

Plus our house is a mess, work is stressful and I'm worried about paying bills and affording Christmas presents for everyone. Too much pressure. This holiday season finds me looking for a rock to crawl under until my 30th birthday in January.

Because I'm so poor and looking for a good stress-reliever, I've been cross stitching like a fiend. Now I'm not really into pastoral scenes or bunnies with cloying sentiments, so I bought me a Sara-style crafting book, Subversive Cross Stitch. Much more my style.

So friends, relatives, workmates: I apologize in advance for my lack of Christmas spirit and Christmas funds. But I'm stitching like a fiend, and hopefully will have some crafty goods to hand out.

Until then, I leave you with my latest work(s) in progress:



I think they sum up my holiday feelings quite nicely.

No comments: