Friday, March 27, 2009

Sprung Free


This past week I've picked my head up and suddenly realized it was spring.

Now all cheesy metaphors aside, this has been a long, tough winter and just when I feel the light at the end of the tunnel, suddenly it's spring. Nature and my life seem to be in perfect sync right now.

I would say that things in our lives are very spring-like: optimistic, blooming and hopeful, with the occasional blast of cold or rain.

And although I'm being rather shady because of legal reasons, I will say that I am rejoicing in my former landlord's stupidity. His lack of brains may just save our asses. Phew.

Monday is our official last day in the 2 Street apartment. We've invited a few friends come over to help us splash paint on the walls and drink beer with us to celebrate our newfound freedom.

And then I will close the door on that chapter of my life and walk away, remembering the lessons I've learned but never allowing such negativity back into my life ever again.

I think this just might be the best Spring re-birth ever.

No comments: