Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pool Party, South Philly Style

Melanie and AJ have recently added an inflatable kiddie pool to their fabulous backyard, and we have taken full advantage. Please note the floating beer cans in the above picture of Alison and Melanie relaxing.

Seriously, I spent two full days this week in that pool, getting out only for bathroom and beer breaks. Heaven. I worked hard on my tan... er... freckles and generally baked my brain into that pleasant summer jelly that comes from lots of sun and beer and friends and splashing about.

The day after the above picture was taken Deb and AJ joined in the fun, and I have lots of pictures of that once I figure out how to get them off of my camera. (Yes, I'm still having camera woes...)

The rest of my time is spent with my other obsession: I've recently gotten into NBC's Heroes. I know, I know, I'm way behind the bandwagon on this one, and everyone tells me that it kinda sucks after the first season, but stil, the first season was SO GOOD. I just finished the last episode of Season 1 today.

Here's a trailer, for those of you as far behind as I am:



And this is what I've been doing with my summer vacation. Next week Deb is off of work (FINALLY) and we are doing some major house repairs and cleaning and generally fixing up, as well as relaxing into this beautiful summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you get into season 2 and something important happens, call me.

not like that time when you let me sleep through naked chicks sword fighting in Rome.

~alison