Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On Street Festivals and Block Parties

It's official, Summer has begun. And by "official", I mean SARA HAS DECLARED IT THEREFORE IT IS SO.


Kicking off my personal summer season is the annual Italian Market Festival, mere blocks away from my house. Beer being sold on the street, mangos on sticks, Italian music, the parade of Saints... there's just so much to see.


But I had one goal. Funnel cake. Where in the hell was the funnel cake?! I haven't had funnel cake in A WHOLE YEAR! Where is it??!

Oh. That sure is a handy sign.

This is my FUNNEL CAKE face, biatch!

Deb's plate is on the left. Mine is on the right. I do not know how she consumed the entire thing. She's so talented. I'm totally jellus.

And best of all, there was a block party happening ON MY BLOCK. Our neighbors and all-around-cool-cats Scottie & Tara closed down our section of Warnock for a rockin' party to celebrate Tara's 30th birthday. They even had a BAND!!!
It was a hipster-o-rama fest, let me tell you that. If it was hipster-related, it was there. You had your strange haircuts, your ironic tattoos, your fixies propped everywhere, your weird facial hair, your pitty mixes roaming about, your biking fanny packs, your keg of PBR.


And best of all, my favorite hipsters were there too!
(l-r: Beth, me, Arizona, Amanda, Dalice. I don't know who that random girl behind us is, but her shoulder tattoo was rad)

Viva la summer!

No comments: