Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Outside Looking In


Ever feel like life is happening around you, like you're in the room but no one else knows you're there?



Ever feel that way at work, when there's 10 people talking over you and keeping busy by doing your job instead of worrying about their own?



Ever feel that way in your relationship, when you feel there's so much more you should be giving and expressing and doing and yet you're so tired and drained that you can't?



Ever feel this way? Tell me. How did you snap out of it? Or is this a good thing, a necessary form of self protection?



I wonder. The view is nice from here, it's not at all unpleasant. Yet I somehow suspect that being this detached isn't a good thing for very long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have felt that way lately also....right now I am in my office and I swear its like I am not even there. Sometimes though I like it because then you can get your work done with no one bothering you.

mandamck said...

Being aware is the most important part. Note what's going on, pay attention to the way you're feeling, keep on truckin and know that every phase is important and will help you grow.
In the end, just as a reminder, you are not alone!

Anonymous said...

oh i love you sara lou!!

caitlinannie