Friday, February 6, 2009

Commitment

I'm sorry I've been away for so long. It's been a busy week.

BUT, for those of you who haven't heard... drumroll please...

Deb and I are getting married.

Yes! It's true! I'm over the moon. It "officially" happened on Monday-- I picked her up from the airport, and right there, in the middle of all of the traffic and noise, she kissed me hello and put a ring on my finger.

Now before you ask, I have no more details. We don't know when, or where, or how (especially how... I don't know how we're going to afford this...) but it's going to happen. Soon, or relatively so.

Right now all I have is a ring and a promise and a lot of joy in my heart.

And I know it's not legal yet, but the fact that Deb and I are going to make a lifelong commitment to each other in front of our friends and (hopefully) our families is enough for me right now.

Right now. Someday the world will recognize our commitment and dedication. Someday.


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!! I love you both like crazy and I'm so happy for you.

But seriously...can Blanche be Hyde's date? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god congratulations!

We want to help! Our wedding is going to be a lot of DIY! Let us know what we can do, weddings don't have to cost a million.

Chris, Black Jack, and I are soooo freakin' happy for you, and Deb (and Hyde!)