Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Put a Ring On It

I really resisted posting a ring picture, because I felt it was a little self-important, but then again, I do blog about the various mundane aspects of my everyday life, so why should this be any different?

Besides, I couldn't take the pressure of all of my long-distance friends harassing me about it.

So here you go:



I was quite adamant that I did not want a diamond. We can't afford it, and I want to avoid any stones that may be from conflict-laden areas of the world.

This is a blue topaz, which is the official gemstone of the state of Texas, and also chosen by Deb because it matches my eyes.

She picked it out all by herself. Didn't she do a good job finding something truly original and very personal? She's the bestest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Totally worth strong-arming you into this photo right ;)

Mona Zenhom said...

So pretty Sara!

Weas said...

I am so happy to actually see such a beautiful piece of jewelry symbolizing so many things for two beautiful people. Love you both!

Noelle said...

Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

yay!! i am sooooo glad to see it!!