Monday, August 24, 2009

Celebration Brunch

Deb started her 2009-2010 season at the Walnut Street Theatre today.

It's been a really great summer. We worked our little tails off on the house and squeezed in a ton of relaxation as well. Our home is beautiful and peaceful, our bodies are rested and our minds are ready for another crazy season at work.

To celebrate all of our accomplishments this summer, Deb and I took ourselves out for brunch yesterday at Bump, a fabulous lounge in the heart of the gayborhood that also happens to serve delicious and affordable food!

And did I mention their ($4!) Bloody Mary's are the best I've ever had?

Deb ordered the chicken-fried steak eggs benedict:

There's nothing like eating a delicious breakfast while getting slightly buzzed from the amazing Bloody Mary's to pat yourself on the back and say "job well done!"

Now me, of course, I don't go back to work until the end of October. But I'm keeping myself busy-- the Philadelphia Fringe Festival is just starting to kick into gear and I'm hard at work on my third Fringe show with keila cordova dances. This year we're doing a piece called Gold, which I hope you will all come and see!

But in the mean time, I'll send my girl off to work every morning with a packed lunch and a smile, knowing that this summer has rested us and fortified us for the long season ahead.

No comments: