Wednesday, October 21, 2009

anti/biotic

I'm still around, I promise. Just going through a rough patch lately. And to top things off, I'm nasty-sick. Although I couldn't resist the above graphic, according to the doctor I don't, in fact, have swine flu. It's just a virus, which is ultimately maybe more frustrating as there is nothing to do but take antibiotics and hope they work out. In the mean time I feel like death warmed over.


Also I'd like to take a moment of silence to remember my trusty '98 Subaru Forester, which recently went to live in the Big Parking Lot in the Sky. RIP, my beloved Lesbaru-- you hauled me many miles, moved my stuff many times and were generally an all-around badass of a car. Deb and I have signed up for Philly Car Share and suddenly feel like true residents of this city. I'm even going to get a Pennsylvania license. What has this world come to?


But anyway, enough bitching from me. Let's talk about some positive things in my life right now, in no particular order:

1. I start work in less than a week. Can't. wait. I'm ready to be productive and proactive and engaged again. Also I'm looking forward to another round of Tuna goodness. Nothing like laughing your way through the first rehearsal process of the season.

2. I'm getting super-obsessed with writing recipes for my new website, The Cozy Herbivore. I'm totally into it. I want to write a vegetarian comfort food cookbook for reals. It's a new goal of mine.

3. Starting work will mean I will have the money to do all of the things I've been putting off all summer long: dye my hair, get new jeans, get a haircut, actually start a savings account....

4. After a cold and miserable week, I feel like we've finally had some Indian Summer weather. It's been just lovely!


So life has it's ups and it's downs, and I'm just riding this big wave. I'm going to get back into the blogging groove soon-- I just needed a little break to collect my thoughts. Much love to you all.

No comments: