Friday, October 30, 2009

Back in Black

It's official, folks: fall is here. And that means many things to us....

Like lots of leaf piles to sniff on walks!


And lately, the Phillies in the World Series! GO PHILS!!!

Let's not forget the most important part of my fall: going back to work. This week was my first week back. We begin rehearsals for Red, White and Tuna this Tuesday. It's going to be a laugh-riot!

But my first week was a prep week, so I decided to boldly go where no one has gone before (or at least for many, many years) and paint my office. I wanted to do the walls a nice light green, but I got word from Above (no, not god-- my boss) that I had to stick with whatever colors we had around the theatre. But hey, anything is better than this:

Yes, I leave my keys in the door like that. All the time. Yes, that is a bottle of vodka on the desk. It's for cleaning costumes, I swear.


My new apprentice Lauren is a good painter:

I wasn't wild about the yellow at all, especially with our horrible fluorescent lighting.

But with a few adjustments, some pictures on the walls and better lighting, I think it turned out pretty darn nice:

I felt good leaving the office today, all cleaned and freshly painted and organized. I feel really ready to start our rehearsals on Tuesday.

Now I'm off to clean the house in preparation for our other big fall event: WHITE TRASH V!!

Pictures to follow. Should be an incredibly raucous time.