Thursday, February 18, 2010

Game Night

Lately I feel like I'm trapped in Narnia. You know, in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, where the Witch curses Narnia so that it's always winter, but never Christmas? Yeah, like that.

Last night I watched a forecast for the week ahead, and it was exactly the same for the whole week: cold and windy, punctuated here and there with a few snow showers. And then back to being cold and windy again. In fact, the forecaster (Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz-- amiright, Philly?!) said that the temperature hadn't risen above 40 degrees the WHOLE MONTH of February.

Sigh. For a girl who hates cold and winter, this hasn't been a fun couple of months, I tell you that right now.

To help take the sting out of winter, Deb and I recently got together with Mel and AJ and had a game night. This kind of thing reminds me of cold and snowy winters growing up in Central New York, and it's pretty perfect in this awful Philadelphia winter as well.

We got really into our game of Golf:

Game night is always better with a little libation:

Deb and AJ plot their next move:

Melanie took some time out to give Hyde some love:

Hyde decided to try his paw at a round of cards:
It was pretty much the perfect antidote to my winter blues. I can't wait to do it again soon!

No comments: