Thursday, March 4, 2010

...and another one gone, and another one gone...


From the HuffPo today:

Early Wednesday morning, State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Calif.) was pulled over and arrested for drunk driving. Sources report that Ashburn -- a fierce opponent of gay rights -- was driving drunk after leaving a gay nightclub; when the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, there was an unidentified man in the passenger seat of the car.


I'll say it again: it's cool to be gay, it's even to cool to keep your sexuality private. But it's really not cool to be closeted and use your political power to hurt and take away the rights of people just like you.

In honor of Senator Ashburn, I'd like to roll out a little Queen (pun intended!). Plus I'm sure that the Senator would be really into Freddie Mercury's booty shorts in this video. This one's for you, Roy:

1 comment:

Regina said...

I laughed out loud when I read about this one... I can only hope that it starts to break down the "credibility" of the people who tout anti-gay and lesbian rhetoric.