Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring/Philly

I'm feeling a little guilty for letting the craziness of my life right now interfere with how often I update this blog, so I have decided to try harder. For you, my dear readers. All for you.

So spring is aggressively springing all around us here in Philly, with our record temperatures. Seriously, it's going to be 80 today. In April. I'm not complaining, but damn!

Deb and I have been experimenting with taking the dog to work with us when there is an empty dressing room for him to chill out in. He really loves the walk in, and of course all of the attention he gets from the actors in the greenroom doesn't hurt either.

In our breaks between shows, we take him to Washington Square Park to romp around. He LOVES the warmer weather. He loves being with his two mommies too!

Look at this handsome fellah:


We taught him a new trick, which Deb calls "hugs", but I call "jumping on mommy":

Happy stupid doggie face!

This morning I took my camera along for my walk to work to capture the absolute perfection of this day. Happy Easter, by the way! And here's some excellent reading material about Easter's origins as a pagan holiday!

Anyway, I digress. Look, the oak tree in front of our apartment has started to grow some teeny-tiny leaves!

Yes, those are a pair of shoes hanging from the branches, or just some "urban fruit" as I like to call them.


This tree is on the end of our street-- gorgeous!

Um... dogwood?

I know a lot of people view them as weeds, but I personally love dandelions. And I think they make a stellar addition to any city window box:

Philly in the spring: mirrored murals and blooming trees!
Tomorrow we have Epic Plans to clean our deck. I can't wait for beers and barbeque and hanging out in the sunshine!

No comments: