Sunday, July 1, 2007

Theater's out for.... summer!





Today is my last day of the season here at the Walnut Street Theater. Side by Side by Sondheim will close today, after 46 wonderful performances. (Okay, most of the performances were wonderful)



Melanie and I spent the day on Friday cleaning the place up and writing down what we will need for next year. I'm actually not starting again until October 23rd, so I will have almost four months off. It's a long time to be away from the theater, but I think I need a little break. I've had a great season, but I have worked my tail off and am looking forward to a little rest and rejuvination. So I can come back next season and kick ass!



This summer is looking to be pretty busy, too.... I'm going home for a week in July to hang out with BOTH of my brothers, as Jonathan will be visiting from Puerto Rico. Deb and I want to squeeze in a trip to Maine sometime in July as well, and at the end of the month I'll be... drumroll please.... moving in with my girlfriend! We're very excited-- we're already furniture and paint shopping. We're going to make this apartment a real home for the two of us and Betty Spaghetti.



August is looking pretty hectic too.... Deb and I are going to the Dave Matthews Band concert at the Tweeter Center for her birthday-- we're hoping to get tickets for both shows, but as of right now the second show is sold out. So keep your fingers crossed! My high school reunion is in August, as well as Magic Mike and Kelli's wedding.



And then I have September and October almost to myself.... which will be good. Give me a chance to get the house in order and really focus on myself before the craziness begins around here again.



But today, I'll say goodbye to a great cast-- Ben, Denise, Fran, Kim, Mark and Heidi.... I'll miss you! We've had a great run and it's been a pleasure listening to your beautiful voices and wonderful piano-playing every night. This is definately a show I will miss.



And I will miss Melanie so much too. I'm very grateful that she and AJ live so close, so that we won't drift apart next year. I know my apprentice for next year will be great, but Melanie will always hold a special place in my heart-- not only as a kick-ass ASM, but a great friend.



Tonight we plan a soggy celebration of the end of our season at (where else?) Coco's. I'm sure I'll have lots of great pictures to share.



I will try to update as frequently as I can this summer, but my internet connection at home has been spotty. Feel free to give me a call, as I may actually be returning phone calls this summer since I'm so much less busy.

No comments: