Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goodbye, Christian Street

So it's official... I closed out the Christian Street apartment today. I gave back my keys to those a-holes at JMH (hopefully I will never, never have to deal with them again) and took some pictures to ensure we get our security deposit back.


I've never worked so hard in my life to get a security deposit back.... Alison gave the place a thorough cleaning and then Deb and I went through and patched all holes and repainted. Since the people at JMH are lazy mo-fos, the walls were only drywall with the merest whiff of primer paint. So after two years, they had yellowed rather unattractively. Not to mention they were incredibly susceptable to scuff marks, which we had to painstakingly scrub off.


I would like to state for the record that my girlfriend is a saint, and a goddess. She painted and patched and cleaned and hauled boxes of heavy shit cheerfully. She put up with my nagging insecurities ("Does this wall need to be painted? Does it matter? Will they see this mark on the carpet? I'm so worried we won't get our deposit back...") and my freak-outs.


For all of it's trouble, I will miss the place. Despite squirrel invasions and the fact that it's freezing in the winter and hot as hell in the summer, despite having to climb two flights of dirty, rickety stairs everyday, despite no laundry and no porch, despite the occasion cockroach and the occasional mouse, despite never being able to find parking, I did live there for two years and had a lot of fun. It's location is ideal, and the neighborhood will be sorely missed.


I took pictures for evidence of our cleanliness because I've learned never to trust JMH with anything, but I thought I'd post them here to say goodbye.

Our living room... it got such great light. But those windows did make it really frickin' cold in the winter.
Notice the beautiful caulk job on this shower. That was all me, baby. Or rather I caulked it and then Deb cleaned up the edges after me.

I'll miss looking down at Lindsay and Carrie's garden from my bedroom window... those sunflowers are out of control!


The view from my window.... I'll miss you, rowhouses!


Goodbye, Christian Street. Thanks for the memories.
Onward.... Deb and I leave for Maine tomorrow. More pictures and adventures soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just fyi..I saw that penis post secret and I almost screamed....