Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Annual Migration

It's that time of year again.... hard to believe Thanksgiving is just two days away. Weren't we just throwing hotdogs on the grill for the 4th of July?


Anyway, after our respective shows tomorrow night, Deb and I will climb into the old Subaru and make the 4 hour journey home through the dark mountains. Thankfully it's supposed to be warmer this year, so hopefully there will be no repeats of the terrifying black ice incident from last year.


Although we only get one day off for Thanksgiving and have to race back to Philly for our Friday night shows, we wouldn't miss this for the world. Something about the Thanksgiving meal at my house just means love to me. It's pretty much a cliche to take this time to reflect on all of your blessings, but hey, why not? I'm a pretty lucky girl, surrounded by people who love me.


And that's why they call it the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: