Monday, December 31, 2007

Sail Away With Me...


It's official.... we closed Greater Tuna tonight.


There are those rare occasions when the jaded theater professional lets their guard down and lets a show into their heart... and this was one such occasion.


John and Ben, I will miss you so much. Watching you every night has been such a joy. I love the way this show has grown and changed and adapted during it's run-- it's truly been such an honor to see such professionals stretching themselves and communicating with each audience to really making these zany characters their own.


Angela and Jess, my darling workhorses.... you two have kicked ass so consistently backstage. I'm so happy you've gotten to be such friends-- I hope this continues. Thank you for all of your hard work.


I'm keeping my fingers crossed... I hear rumors of A Tuna Christmas for next year. I would be truly honored to work with such an amazingly talented, truly professional, unbelievably fun group again.


So for now I'll say goodbye to Arles, Thurston, Didi, Harold Dean, Bertha, Hank, Jody, Stanley, Charlene, Chad Hartford, Petey Fisk, Yippy, Elmer Watkins, Leonard, R.R., Phineas Blye, Pearl Burras, Sheriff Givens, Vera and The Reverend Spikes.... you'll always live in my heart.

You will, you will.




And until then, remember our motto here in Tuna:


If you can find someplace you like better than Tuna.......







MOVE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...what about RR and the Sheriff? won't you miss them too?
and i can tell you that I WON'T miss RR slamming into the set every performance.

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Ooops! How could I forget RR and the Sherif???

Thank god there's an "edit" function...