Monday, December 31, 2007

Auld Lang Syne


Goodbye, 2007. You've been a hell of a year.


You've seen me take a big step and move in with my girlfriend. You've seen a new member added to my family, along with a beautiful, extravagant wedding in a tropical paradise. You've seen my first Fringe Festival, my first time singing in public for a loooong time, my first Christmas with the whole family that now includes Deb and Maria. You've seen me become a cat person again, and finally develop somewhat of a green thumb. You've seen me advance at work, fight for professional recognition, deal with difficult personalities and become a better stage manager. You've seen me develop some of my closest friendships and begin to understand how some old friendships change with time. You've seen me learning to forgive, and you've seen me learning how to cut hurtful people out of my life. You've seen the birth of a new second cousin. You've seen the death of a colleague. You've seen my baby brother graduate from high school and start college. You've seen me become a more confident, secure woman.


Ahead in 2008, the horizon seems limitless.... the only definite thing is my birthday. I'll be 29.


My last year in my 20's. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: