Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Extended Family



I know, I know, the show's closed. But I must admit that I miss The Irish... And How They Got That Way an awful lot.

When you do one show after another, for seasons upon seasons, you learn not to get attached. In fact, you learn to celebrate when a show closes. And look forward to the next one. It's a great priviledge in theater to be working with a rotating group, to never have to work with the same people for years and years. There's always someone new and fresh, or old friends that come back. No show is ever the same, no matter how many times you've done it before. Each cast has it's own unique chemistry, no matter how many of the individuals you've worked with before. And that's what makes a show like the Irish so magical-- it all fell into place with a perfection that is very rare. The rehearsal process was fun, tech was a breeze, and the run of the show was wonderful. The piece itself was easy to watch and work every night, and the cast was always a delight.

So Jon, Dan, Bennett, Phoebe, Sarah and Angela-- I miss the shit out of you, but I must say thank you for such a wonderful experience. I will treasure it forever.

Thanks to Jon Shade for the photograph.

No comments: