Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jailhouse Rock

I had a great weekend-- my little brothers and my new sister in law Maria came to visit! They saw Les Miserables on Saturday and we ate our way around town over the weekend. On Monday we decided to play tourist and take a trip to Eastern State Penitentiary. In the almost 5 years I've been here, I haven't been to the prison, despite a few friends who work the Haunted House there. (In my defense, I do really, really hate haunted houses, though)

But I can see why they do a mean haunted house here:


Not to mention the "ghost cats" of Eastern State:


Deb checks out a cell block:


Yes, we just had to take this picture-- Jonathan looks good behind bars!


Me, Maria and Deb share a cell:


Despite the beastly hot temperatures, we had a blast. Even more fun was our drinking night on Sunday after the show-- we all got together on the porch and played drinking games until we stumbled into our beds.

This is what a couple of rounds of 21 and Kings does to Joseph:


We had such a fun time-- I think this was the first time we have all hung out together as adults without Mom or Dad. It's so nice to have siblings that you actually have a lot of fun with. And Maria and Deb are able to hold their own, which is very important in this family!


And in other awesome news... drumroll please... we got a call from the Greyhound Rescue saying that we are approved to get a dog!!! He's a two year old male with red and white coloring who "loves meeting new people". We pick him up this coming Monday at 2:30pm. We are so thrilled. We want to socialize him as much as possible in the beginning, so stay tuned-- we're probably going to have some sort of meet and greet very soon.

No comments: