Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World


I know I'm a little behind the times with this one, but I am totally and utterly obsessed with AMC's Mad Men. Since cancelling our cable, we've become big Netflix users, and this series was first on my queue.

What can I say-- the storyline, the costumes, the scenery... it's all perfection. For those of you aren't familiar, the series is set in a New York City advertising agency in the early 1960's, and centered around the hot shot ad man Don Draper as he deals with the changing times and all of the women in his life.

But of course being the clothing whore that I am, I'm totally falling for the character of Joan, the head secretary. These are looks I could wear every day:



God! I'm dying here! These are just exquisite.

I'm only half way through Season 1, so I'm enjoying the fact that I have many more episodes to catch up on. I'm trying to pace myself-- I could watch an entire season in a day if I'm not careful!

For those of you who haven't seen this yet, I highly recommend that you do so. Until then I'll be on the hunt for pencil skirts and broaches... and does anyone know where I can get my hands on that fabulous pen necklace Joan rocks?

1 comment:

Jennie Eisenhower said...

um, TOTALLY obsessed with Joan!!!