Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4 Shows Down...



Melissa and I stocked up on out caffeinated beverages and began our final double week of the season. Our last slot is traditionally a musical, and this year is no different: we're doing Forbidden Broadway's Greatest Hits. Our talented cast includes Jennie Eisenhower, Sonny Leo, Ellie Mooney and Marcus Stevens.

I wasn't so sure about this one-- spoof shows have never really done it for me. But watching these amazing performers do their thing has had me laughing a loud more times than I care to count! They are incredible. It's going to be a very funny show.

Besides, where else can you see a Barbra Streisand, a Mandy Patinkin and a Liza Minnelli impersonation all in one place? (Outside a drag club, that is...) Not to mention some very funny spoofing of all of the hit Broadway shows. My particular favorite is the Les Miserables section, and everyone who worked on the Walnut's recent production will surely appreciate it as well!

So don't miss this one-- if we're laughing this hard the second day of rehearsal, in the middle of a double week, it's gotta be good.

In other Studio 3 news, I'm very close to finding an apprentice for next year's season. I have interviewed so many very qualified people and now it's come time to chose just one...

No comments: