Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolved.

It may be a stereotypical thing to do at a stereotypical time of year, but it's really time for me to get off my ass and start treating my body right.


This isn't just about fighting an expanding waistline, although that's certainly a part of it. I've been depressed and rather listless lately, and I think this will help. At the very least it will help me get my mind off my semi-tumultuous life.


To that end, I am resolved:

~I will go to the gym at least once a week. Preferably I will go 3 times, but I'm being realistic here.

~I will take the time to cook and eat at home. And if I do eat out, I will chose healthy options.

~I will cut back on the beer.


Today I started a couch to 5K program. It's pretty awesome. I've never, ever been a runner, so this is pretty intimidating to me, but I found a great program here. You should check it out.


Plus I really need support and encouragement, so feel free to kick my ass about this. I'm determined to feel better this year, both mentally and physically.


To my New Year!!

3 comments:

mandamck said...

I'm triathlon-ing again this year so you can bet yer ever-tightening-ass that I'll bug you to do gym time with me :)

Anonymous said...

I am so with you Sara!
-Ellen

Anonymous said...

Oh we all need to keep each other in check...me and aj are going to start spinning and getting ready to take the MS city to shore bike ride. Also if you eat out less you can buy more clothes.