Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Falling for Grace

I can't get over how wonderful this CD is. I've had it on constant rotation for a couple of weeks now, and every morning I just get lost in it.


Jeff, you died way too young, but I hope somehow that you know your music has spoken to this girl so deeply in the past few days that she feels anything could be possible again. So thank you.


More about Jeff Buckley here.


Lyrics from my current favorite song on the album (although it changes daily):

So Real :: (Jeff Buckley / Michael Tighe)


Love, let me sleep tonight on you couch
And remember the smell of the fabric Of your simple city dress


Oh... that was so real


We walked around til the moon got full like a plate
The wind blew an invocation and i fell asleep at the gate
And I never stepped on the cracks 'cause i thought i'd hurt my mother
And I couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
Pulled me under


Oh... that was so real


I love you, but i'm afraid to love you
I love you, but i'm afraid to love you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used the entire CD as the 'soundtrack' if you will of the version of Measure for Measure we did last year at Purchase.

It fit perfectly and I've been in love with Grace ever since.

mandamck said...

Bring up Buckley with Beth and she'll talk to you for hours. We discovered him in high school and never looked back :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite song on that album is 'Lover, you should have come over'. His voice is just makes me want to fall in love with him. Which I already have. See you Sunday!!
~Gina