Thursday, December 4, 2008

Opening a can of Tuna



Tonight is our opening night of A Tuna Christmas. It's been a long, strange trip... we all thought it would be so simple, so familiar since it was essentially the same as last year. But of course it's never like that.

This year the set is more complicated, the costumes are different, the lights and sound have been expanded... needless to say, we've all been working non-stop. Working our (padded with tons of foam) butts off.

And it's been worth all the blood, sweat and tears, because the show is good-- really good. It's got more heart than Greater Tuna-- dare I say it, but the characters actually have a story instead of being just the butt of look-at-these-hicks jokes.

I hope you all come and see it, if you can. I'm so proud of all the work Madi, John, Ben, Melissa, Katie, Shon, Chris, Alisa, Meghan, Andrew, Julia, Roy, Bethann and all of the other people I'm not mentioning have put into this one. It hasn't been an easy road, but it's been a good one. And I'm mighty proud of this show. A huge thank you to everyone mentioned above, and to everyone else I forgot.

And remember, if you can find someplace you like better than Tuna.....













MOVE!


And in Sara's left leg news, I got report from the doctor today: no fracture, just a deep bone contusion. So I get a fun pair of crutches to hobble around on. I'm just relieved to know what's wrong with me.

No comments: