Sunday, June 21, 2009

Faux Pas

I stumbled across this on the wide, wide world of the interwebs and it sure did make me chuckle:

This image was a part of a fashion spread in Italian Vogue. I love it. It's so... continental. Imagine an American magazine depicting a mother smoking around her baby and the shit-storm of controversy that would ensue....

Not that I, of course, condone this type of behavior, or even the concept of the fashion spread: that fashionable women are cold bitches who'd rather indulge in a cocktail or a ciggie rather than take care of their offspring, but still, I can't help but laugh at the sheer absurdity of it.

I found this via Sociological Images, a kick-ass website that y'all should be checking out on a regular basis. The full fashion spread, in all of it's nutty glory, can be found here.

No comments: