Thursday, June 4, 2009

Old Friends, New City


Right after my parents left, I welcomed visitors to our fair city of Philadelphia from my alma mater, Purchase College. More specifically, I graduated from the D/T program with fellow stage manager Leah McVeigh (far right) and spent a wonderful freshman year with Raz Barnea (center) before he decided that Purchase wasn't the right place for him.

The stars aligned in just the right way over Philadelphia to bring the three of us together: Leah was passing through on her way to her summer stock gig at Brevard Music Center and Raz was preparing to spend 2 years in Ghana as a member of the Peace Corps.

You know those people that you don't talk to for years, but then when you reconnect, it's like no time has passed at all? That's what it's like with Leah and Raz. It was wonderful to chat and catch up and wish each other well as the night came to a close and we all went our seperate ways again.

I'm already looking forward to our next reunion, when Leah can share her summer stock horror stories, Raz can talk about his time in Africa and I can catch everyone up on whatever it is that's going on in my life.

Until then, godspeed!

No comments: