Saturday, June 16, 2007

Too hot to handle!


Is it just me, or did Big Red gum get super spicy in recent years??
Back before I appreciated spicy food in any way, I used to plow through packs of Big Red like they were going out of style. Because it lost it's flavor so fast, I would chew a piece until all the fake cinamonny goodness was gone, spit that out and pop another. I would chew so much that it made the roof of my mouth feel funny.
I decided I needed to recapture that magical feeling today, so on a whim I bought a pack of Big Red. Holy shit, that stuff is spicy now! And the flavor lasts forever. What's up with that??? Why would they change this perfectly disgusting, delightful gum?
It just goes to show that the simple pleasures of youth are fleeting.... sigh.... leave me a comment if you've experienced this crazy-kicked up flavor in something you remember fondly from your crazy past.

No comments: