Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Reason for the Season



Cadbury Creme Eggs, of course.

I don't mean to be sacrilegious, but I am almost fanatical about the Creme Egg. Because you can only get it this season, the yummy chocolate shell and the delightful creamy center are soemthing I look forward to like... like... well, like I look forward to Red Hots around Valentine's Day.

But let's not dwell on recent candy sadness. As opposed to the tragedy of Red Hots this past season, I have indeed had my fill of Cadbury Creme Eggs.

A few days ago I received a phone call from the Front Desk here at work, saying that there was a package for me from "the Easter Bunny". Sure enough, the Easter Bunny (who, strangely enough, resides at my parent's address) had sent me a box with the dire warnings that I was not to open it until Easter Sunday.

The first thing I did when I got to work this morning (yes, I'm working on Easter Sunday. Typing from the booth as we speak. Welcome to theater) was open my Easter box. It was filled with all sorts of wonderful things-- plastic eggs filled with Jelly Beans, Whoppers, lottery tickets, cash (I love this Easter Bunny!) cute Easter-themed dish towels and yes, SEVERAL Cadbury Creme Eggs.

The rest of the candy I shared with the cast and crew. The Cadbury Creme Eggs are mine, ALL MINE.

I have the afternoon off (such a wonderful rarity!) and I plan to spend it curled up on the couch, reading all of the magazines that have been piling up and devouring my Cadbury Creme Eggs. Deb will probably find me in some sort of diabetic coma, my face smeared with chocolate, little pieces of foil scattered around me.

When we were little, Joseph and I would devour our Easter candy in a week, tops. Jonathan, on the other hand, would have a stash of it well into the summer. Until, of course, Joseph and I would find his stash and take care of it for him. We've never been good with the delayed gratification thing.

Not much has changed since then, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha this is what happened with me and my sister...i ate all my easter candy right away and she would have it for months...or at least until i got into it.

caitlin

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here saramayorshemaynot.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research displays that almost 90% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.