Friday, June 20, 2008

Catching Up

I would like to begin by wishing this blog a happy first birthday!

I began this virtual diary/photobook/therapy one year ago, June 10th, 2007 with this blog. And what a year it's been. I'm so glad that this medium came into my life-- I've really enjoyed blogging and it's helped me through some really dark times to know that I have a huge circle of friends and family out there who are actually interested in the random things I type about.

And what a week it's been... I've been a little lax in the posting department lately, so I'll give a quick recap. We've really been... well...



Yeah, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

1. My show is rounding third, closing in a little more than a week. I'll be so sad to see this one go. The closing of this show also marks the end of my second season here at the Walnut.

2. I'm getting ready for my summer, but things are more up in the air than I'd really like them to be. Will I be working on Les Mis? Will I be working a Fringe show? Will I be able to get away for a mini-vacation? Stay tuned, we're still figuring all of this out.

3. Deb and I are getting super serious about budgetting-- we've decided that we will never get a dog if we don't do some responsible saving and planning. So today we sat down and did a hard budget, working on both long term and short term goals.

Short term: pay off car repair ($500.... gulp...) and get dog. Car repair will be paid off by Monday, dog in one month. We can DO THIS!

Long term: save $10,000 to put towards a down payment on a house. According to our most recent budget, we can do this in a year and a half. Let's DO IT!!!

4. I've decided that I need to focus my inner and outer turmoil and really take the bull by the proverbial horns. So I'm getting back into yoga hardcore, and I'd like to get into meditation as well. My mind needs a little quieting. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to approach meditation, especially for someone who's never done it before, I'd really appreciate them! I'm just envious of the serenity and calm that a lot of people who practice yoga and mediation seem to radiate, so I'm hoping to incorporate that into my own life. Plus I want to be limber enough to do this:



5. As a part of my quality-not-quantity approach to life, I have determined to spend less money in bars and more time with my friends. We all have lives and work and bullshit, but I feel that too many of us have drifted apart and it's time to reconnect.

So that's where I am right now... more blogs soon, I promise!

No comments: