Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good Bye



It's the last day of the 2007-2008 Studio 3 season. We close after tonight's performance.

This season has been good, albeit grueling at times. I think we really started and ended the season with two wonderful shows-- hopefully that tradition continues next year!

I got word from Roy that I will only be working two weeks of Les Miserables, starting July 15th. So I will have two weeks off before then to contemplate my season and think of ways I can improve for next season.

I'm really looking forward to some time off, but this closing is bittersweet for me. I have had such a wonderful experience with this show, and I will miss everyone so much. Besides, I've been listening to kick-ass Irish music every night for two months, when is that going to happen again?

So goodbye Jon, Bennett, Dan, Phoebe and Sarah. I love you all very much, and hope you come back and work here often.

Megan O'Brien and Jenn Rose-- you ladies kick ass. Let's work together again soon!

And a very special goodbye to Angela, who was an amazing apprentice and a great friend this year. I'm going to miss you so much-- thank you for all of your hard work! Now go get a job in theater, young lady. You're an awesome stage manager. And come back and visit often.

I think my sadness is dampered by the enormous hangover I'm suffering through today. We spent all of our tip jar money (the offender had to put in a dollar for a dropped potato, a dropped cane, a missed lighting cue, a missed sound cue, or talking during Erie Canal-- we collected more than $50 throughout the run!) on booze and had a wonderful time on Dan's roof last night.

A cast and crew like this only comes along once every century. This was a rare and wonderful experience.

No comments: