Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Riding in Car

It's that time of year again-- The Philadelphia Fringe Festival is about to get into full swing. Yesterday my friend Carrie asked me if I wanted to attend a dress rehearsal of the show Car, which is an immersive dance piece. I said "Hell yeah!"



Car's show blurb is here, and I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the show was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Go see it. I came home, sat down at the computer and literally wrote down everything that happened during the show so I wouldn't forget. Perhaps I'll post it after Car closes so as not to ruin the experience for those of you who are able to go see it in Philly.

It started with us being instructed to meet at the elevators for a parking garage in West Philly. At the appointed time, a man came down and told us to take the elevator to the 5th floor and get in the gray Jetta. And then the experience started. Amazing. Innovative. Exactly what out-of-the-box theater and movement should be. Huge kudoes to Kate Watson-Wallace and all of her collaborators for this truly original experience.

Now go see it already! (A huge thank you to Carrie for the invite!)







In other news, I go to my first rehearsal for the Fringe show I'm... err... production supervising, (because naturally I would never stage manage a non-union show!) called Janet 2.0 for Keila Cordova Dances. Show blurb here. I worked with Keila last year on Girl Y, and it was a really fun experience. I'm looking forward to doing a some work again.





And on a totally unrelated note, I'm FAMOUS! Well, okay, not exactly famous. But I did get something I overheard right here on 2 Street published on the hilarious website Overheard in Philly. My quote is here.

See? Living in this neighborhood may be finally starting to pay off.

No comments: