Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops

We've had a run of absolutely gorgeous weather these past few days-- cool nights followed by bright sunny days, no humidity and a touch of (dare I say it?) fall in the air. Crisp, beautiful, perfect. Not beach weather by any means, but perfect walking around the city weather.

The garden has exploded with blossoms in this weather, which just adds to the loveliness.

My morning glories have finally bloomed... and although we're usually such late risers, my early morning walks with Hyde have shown me a whole new morning world.


Not sure what kind of flowers these are, but they are enjoying the weather as well. When I bought the plant it had purple blossoms. Now white. Interesting...


I'm even getting blooms on my pepper plant, which means lots more goodies to come!


The cukes are blooming as well. I'm going to have a mighty cuke and pepper crop in September, weather-permitting...


And the best thing about this weather is the sudden rainstorms, violent and heavy and beautiful. And after the rain starts to die down, the sky puts on more theatrics...



It's a great time not to be in a dark theater, to be home and here to glimpse all of these small beautiful things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is what I always say to AJ when I get up early and he sleeps until 1. I tell him that the best time of day is early morning because not many other people are awake and it is very quite and relaxing.