Saturday, August 2, 2008

We All Scream For...

The hazy, hot days of summer are upon us, and since our apartment doesn't have air conditioning, Deb, Hyde and I survive by directing fans directly into our faces, vegging out on the couch, and of course-- eating ice cream!

I recently found a great doggie ice cream recipe that can be whipped up in a snap at home:

3 cups plain yogurt
1 cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon honey

Mix together, pour into individual serving containers and pop in the freezer overnight. The next day, voila:



Hyde went nuts for it! He dragged the bowl to his bed and commenced to lick it clean. He was so focused on the bowl that he was starting to get muscle spasms! And I must confess that after whipping up the recipe, I definitely licked the spoon clean. Good stuff.

My thanks to Dondorma for the recipe!


And in other news, in honor of my summer vacation, I thought a drastic hair change was in order. I brought several style pictures to Amy at Twist Salon and together we decided that I would look super awesome with chocolate brown hair.

I think we made a good choice:


I love the cut, I love the color. It's been almost 10 years since I dyed my hair other than blond, and I am definitely ready for the change. Besides, now I really look like my mother.

No comments: