Friday, August 8, 2008

Shore Enough

I've never been to the Jersey shore. Pathetic, right? I'm entering my 5th year here in Philly and I have yet to do that ultimate Philly summer rite of passage.

Well, all that changed yesterday. Arizona rounded up the troups (and by troups I mean those of us who weren't working or away) and we headed out to Strathmere, NJ. Free beach, free parking-- all we had to do is sneak in a little beer and have some long awaited relaxation time.

Not a moment too soon, either-- I am having some unemployed financial woes, Deb is completely stressed and tired and things here are just getting a little too overwhelming. I needed to get away for the day.


The beer and the bitches. (L-R: Melanie, Beth, me, Arizona, beer cooler)*



My mermaid moment.*



Melanie is also a mermaid*



Arizona and her buddy*



Oh, Beth.*



My lovely lady friends (L-R: Beth, Arizona, Melanie)



Fresh from the water, letting the sun dry us off.



Melanie as a pinup girl.



Sun and sand-encrusted beer cans.



It was the best day ever, just what we all needed. We're going to try to do it again next Thursday, and this time hopefully Deb can join us. I know she needs the beach calm too.



*My thanks to Arizona for these pictures.

No comments: