Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Images of 30

I had an amazing, transformative birthday. It wasn't at all what I had planned, but somehow it was just perfect.


It started with the amazing news that Chuck was out of the woods and slowly improving. He's still on the ventilator, but he really turned the corner and is making progress every day. Deb is flying back to Philadelphia on Monday.

We've been keeping each other updated with pictures, and this one has to be my favorite:



It was a birthday of cupcakes-- Melissa surprised me with these beauties on Sunday night before my party, and Alison baked me some delicious chocolate cupcakes with peppermint frosting on Monday night.


And my party on Sunday night was super-fun: Sugar Mom's was practically deserted, and we rocked the joint with pool games, corn dogs and whiskey shots.


Yesterday was my actual birthday. I didn't have any real plans, so I decided to take myself out. I had a lovely lunch by myself at Beau Monde and then spontaneously decided to go ahead and do this:
So although of course our best laid plans didn't exactly pan out, I am extremely grateful to have had an absolutely wonderful birthday. My friends, both here in Philly and long distance, blessed me with gifts and phone calls and lots of love. My family blessed me in an unexpected and somehow very adult way.

And my baby is safe and sound, taking care of her family and sending me lots of love from Texas.

30 has already been such a confidence booster for me. I'm looking forward to the rest of the decade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So whats the story behind the ink?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed celebrating your birthday...and making sure you didn't sleep in your livingroom but rather your bedroom Monday night ;)