Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Looking Ahead

I really thought the lead-up to my 30th birthday (13 days and counting...) would be filled with breathless anticipation, thrilling secrets and oh, I don't know... something really special.

You see, I'm really looking forward to turning 30. I mean, really. I feel like it's a big turning point for me. A nice transition from my chaotic 20's into a more secure, stable decade. It's going to be a good 10 years, I'm determined.

So it would stand to reason that the days leading up to my birthday would at least whisper at the promise of the longed-for decade, right?

Oh, so very wrong. These past few days have been as chaotic and confusing as my previous decade. I've been in a haze-- brought on by a nasty cold and and circumstances that revived those old demons of mine, self-doubt and anxiety.

But that all ends now. It's almost my birthday. And I'm almost 30. Which means, officially, that I'm almost a badass. It's true.

So in the next couple of weeks, I will:

1. Finally pluck my eyebrows (been putting this off for way too long)
2. Get my 30th birthday tattoo (No, Mom, sadly, I'm not kidding)
3. Have a FABULOUS birthday party (are you coming?)
4. Do something about my blonde roots coming in (I've got a box of Nice 'N Easy ready to go)
5. Continue doing the job that I love and am good at, ignoring all bullshit
6. Celebrate our new president's inauguration
7. Open this %$@#& show
8. Turn 30 surrounded by people I love!

I hope to have just as awesome of a birthday party as my one of my favorite gals of all time, Amanda McK, who recently celebrated a big milestone herself: 25!

So here's to good friends, cheap beer and a decade filled with promise. I'll see you there.

2 comments:

mandamck said...

Yay! You Will!
Marking my 25 I've decided to try blogging about my life on the regular (you know outside of food exploration)...because you've inspired me to do so...so here I go:
mandamck.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

you may have to explain how 30=badass.
im not saying that it doesnt. but why wasnt 29 badass?

alison