Friday, April 18, 2008

My Week of Nights




This week marks my last week of nights free until the middle of August.

Quartet has closed (finally!) and we're currently rehearsing The Irish during the day. So after 6pm, I'm a free agent. Just like a normal job. Just like most of the world. Just like people with lives outside of their jobs. What a strange concept...

Having nights free is totally weird to me. I hardly know what to do with myself. Deb and I are on completely opposite schedules this week-- she's got her days free and her show at night. So my super-industrious girlfriend has been doing massive spring cleaning.

I tell you, there is nothing so amazing as coming home to a clean house. And having the evening free in this clean house to do what I please.

Although I've enjoyed a few nights of vegging in front of the TV, it's also nice to go out with friends (the few friends that I have that aren't currently in shows, that is) and... drumroll please... go see theater that I'm not working on!

Tonight Angela and I are going to see InterAct Theatre Company's production of Frozen. I'm totally excited-- not only will this be the first time I've been back to InterAct since I started working at the Walnut, but it's a great show and we just finished working with most of the cast. Not to mention my good friend Michele is the stage manager there now (thanks for scoring us tickets, Michele!) and Jess is working the show as well! It will be great to see everyone again, but it's going to be even more great to simply be an audience member.

Although I'm really enjoying myself this week, I must confess that much prefer to be in a show run, with my days free and work at night. My body is completely adjusted to that rhythm-- I'm definitely a night person. It's actually been really tough waking up every morning at 7am. But worth it, naturally, to be a part of such a wonderful production. (Seriously. Everyone come and see The Irish. It's awesome.)

But until my show run starts, I'm going to enjoy my free evenings. Who's up for drinks? Say around 7pm?

I'm there!

No comments: