Friday, April 11, 2008

Sometimes rehearsal is the most fun ever



We've been having such a blast during rehearsals for the Irish. Today Angela and I took down the curtains hanging in front of the mirrors so the actors could learn their dance steps, which left us facing our reflected selves all day. But it was worth it to get to hear all of this great music and watch this fun dancing. The cast is really kicking ass and taking names-- they are having to learn lines, complex vocal harmonies, dance steps and instrumentation! My hat is off to them for not only all of their hard work, but their wonderful attitudes as well.




Learning the combination for "Give My Regards to Broadway" (written by an Irishman-- George Cohan)

l-r Jon Shade, me & Angela in the back, Sarah Gliko, Jenn Rose (our very talented choreographer) and Phoebe Silva. Cane choreography is hard, yo!




A view from the stage manager's table during dance rehearsals.




It's Irish Step Dancing time! Jenn teaches Bennett Dunn. Keep those arms straight, Bennett!




And best of all... Bennett brought his BAGPIPES!!!!! Man, they were loud. And totally awesome. I love me some bagpipes. I hope that we use them in the show, but our director Megan O'Brien is concerned that they're too loud. Ah, well, it was fun to have them in rehearsal anyway.

It's days like today that remind me how much I love my job.

No comments: