Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On Solitude

I'm rattling around the house by myself again... there's always something to clean. I'm pretty starved for my circle of friends. We're all so busy lately.

I've had a chance to reconnect with two of my old friends lately, and it's been an eye-opening, bittersweet experience. I'm learning that I can't control everything. I'm learning that people view the world very differently than I do sometimes. And I'm learning that sometimes conflict has to happen, in order for a relationship to continue. I've never been good with conflict in my personal life.

These are good lessons, but tough lessons.

Now I need to socialize, with people who aren't completely stressed out about freakin' Les Miserables. I need to reconnect.

Call me-- let's do lunch. Or drinks. Or coffee. Anything but my current routine of doing dishes, listening to NPR, watching the cat sleep, cooking something, doing dishes...

4 comments:

Weas said...

We are conflicted, are we?

Weas said...

Okay, what I meant to type and I am retarded is "We aren't conflicted, are we?" Les Mis took your girlfriend--Taming of the Shrew took my brain...

Anonymous said...

I understand your pain...When AJ is working at night and all day Saturday all I do is clean and watch TV.

mandamck said...

Can we play and just make it a rule that we can't say the "L" "M" words? :)