Saturday, May 10, 2008

Vintage



I'm currently obsessed with vintage and thrift store clothing. Particularly from Retrospect, my new favorite place to shop in Philly. Not only are the clothes one-of-a-kind in an increasingly cookie-cutter world, but the price is right.

Yesterday I got a United Color of Benetton black and white striped tank for $6 and an awesome vintage black slip that I'm going to rock as a shirt for $11. Not to mention the other week I scored a real vintage Hawaiian muʻumuʻu and an awesome turquoise linen dress from the 80's that looks just like something I could have bought at H&M today. And of course my great new (old) red patent leather purse and the two chunky belts that I grabbed for only $5.

Plus buying second hand clothing is great for the environment and makes me feel a little better about my budget as well.

Now don't tell anyone else about this place. I still want it to be my little fashion secret...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont know if you found these stores yet, but there are a few vintage shops up and down bainbridge like between 7th and 4th. I havent been in them, but I have always wanted to. We should make a trip of it.