Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back in Philadelphia

I'm back, refreshed and relaxed. I ate a ton of fattening comfort food, enjoyed spending time with my family and friends, and returned a little calmer and a lot more sane.

Mostly it was really wonderful to spend so much time with my parents-- here we are at the Lafayette Apple Festival:



More pictures and a better recap to come. Right now I'm exhausted-- I had my first round of rabies shots today and it's wiped me out. The actual vaccine given in my arm didn't hurt much, but boy, oh boy the shots they had to give in the wound site were incredibly painful. Thankfully I only have to do that part once. I go back 5 more times over the next 14 days to get the rest of the vaccine.

Thank goodness I have those wonderful, apple-y memories to get me through this icky needle phase.

No comments: