Saturday, October 4, 2008

Restorative Cuddling

While I nurse my aching leg and Hyde licks his various bites and scrapes, we have discovered the best aide on our road to recovery:



Snuggling! Like his festively spooky Halloween bandanna? He thinks he's quite stylish and all the ladies we meet on our walks should know about it. Shameless flirt, this dog.

My leg is killing me-- the punctures were pretty deep and now they're bruising up a lot. Thank god for my heavy course of antibiotics, right?

And in rabies vaccine news, we are hanging up signs around the dog park, trying to find the owner of the pit bull to verify his rabies vaccination. If we can get ahold of her, I may not need the shots. Otherwise, the ER at Jefferson is ordering the shots for me and I will start my course on Monday. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that I don't have to... although the shots aren't given with a "horse needle" in the stomach anymore, there are still 5 shots and apparently one is quite painful. So if I don't have to, I'd just rather not.

Until then, Hyde and I will be snuggling our blues away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck tracing the pit bull and keep us updated with all the gory details. In the UK there is (officially) no rabies although somebody died from it a few years ago after handling a bat. Treatment here for dog bite is normally consists of disinfecting wound, tetanus shot and possibly antibiotics. One of our better publicised pulic health problems is mad cow disease which is especially scary since 90% of our politicians appear to be infected.

The Cozy Herbivore said...

haha, I think the mad cow disease has spread to our politicians as well!

Thank you so much for your concern!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder if the cows actually caught it from the politicians. Britain's conservatives were led by one Iain Duncan Smith who also knownn by his initials. Some wit came up with a droll alternative for IDS (In Deep Shit).