Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Maine Event



Today the great state of Maine legalized same sex marriages! Full story here.

Not only is Maine a beautiful state, but I feel I have a personal connection to the place because my mother's family actually lived in Maine for many generations. (My mother spent the first 8 years of her life in Presque Isle before her family moved to Central New York)

Plus of course Deb worked for 7 summers at Maine State Music Theatre in Brunswick, ME and really fell in love with the state, it's people and the wonderful experiences she had at summer stock.

And my Uncle Joel and Aunt Donna live in Brunswick... and a lot of my more distant relatives are still kicking around in Northern Maine.

So my good school chum Leah McVeigh (who hails from Portland, ME) was right: Maine just might be the best place on earth.

Congratulations, Mainers!

And in other marriage news: Deb and I have finally settled on a date to tie the knot ourselves. More info to come, very soon...

No comments: