Sunday, May 31, 2009

Theater and Politics Collide



President and Mrs. Obama took the night off to go see a show on Broadway. Full story here.

I'm especially proud that they chose a night at the theater for their date, and that they chose to see Joe Turner's Come and Gone, a show that my good buddy Mike Zaleski is currently working!

Hope they liked the show, and I hope they inspired people who wouldn't normally chose to go to the theater to consider it for their next date night!

And on a similar politics/theater note, the state of Texas has passed a really stupid law that essentially outlaws all theatrical lighting designers currently working. Full story here.

Texas, it's time to think before we legislate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! And this buddy was the Associate Lighting Designer :)

Just sayin'

xooxox
Jen

Anonymous said...

oh AND I think the texas thing was repealed

thank god

(jen again)

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Awww, sweet! Clearly living in Philly has put me a little behind.

I didn't realize you were an associate on Joe Turner! Awesome!!!

Miss you! Sorry I can't come to your birthday!

Anonymous said...

it was a purchase PARTY over at joey t for a while!

and saturday was a bizarre way to do a show! but it was cool!!

no running?
mike

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Awww, Mike, I miss you too!

No running???