Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pooper Scooper



The ugly reality of being pet mommies is really coming home to us lately.

As I parked my bike outside our apartment last night, I could hear Hyde whining from the street. This is not a good sign, I thought to myself.

Sure enough, when I got inside, I saw a very guilty looking dog standing in his crate, which was absolutely covered in diarrhea. Poor guy, he was pretty miserable. I cleaned everything up and we planned to call the vet in the morning.

At 5am, Hyde was up again and at the front door, whining. Deb got up and threw some clothes on, but she was too late. He had lost it right by the front door. On the only carpeted part of our entire apartment. Oh well, at least we got to use the wet-vac option on our shop vac.

We called the vet, who recommended fasting him for 24 hours and then feeding him plain white rice and boiled chicken for 48 hours. He's been good since then-- still not as "solid" as I would like, but he is able to hold it until we get outside. So we're keeping our fingers crossed, and if anyone has any recommendations, we sure would welcome them!

And in non-dog shit related news, I attended opening night of The Wilma Theater's production of Tom Stoppard's Rock and Roll. I am covering for Gina Rizzo, the wardrobe supervisor, this weekend while she attends a wedding. The show itself was great, but the party afterwards was the real highlight of my evening. Since Deb was in a show of her own, I took Melanie as my date, and we had a blast.

It's such a different atmosphere at the Wilma-- it was such fun to dance with the cast, crew and even the artistic director (can you imagine that happening at the Walnut?!!) to loud rock music piped into the lobby. I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to running the show this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy on the rice.

And just wait til you wake up bleary eyed in the middle of the night and step in the dog puke at your bedroom door.

I felt like I actually had a child that night

Good luck.

What dry and/or wet food do you feed Hyde? Its not Purina is it?

Anonymous said...

AWW man there was dancing...freakin baxter and his peepee probs