Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sonic Boom

This morning my girlfriend woke me up and told me to get dressed-- she had a surprise. We got into the car and headed down 95 North. When we got to our exit, she made me close my eyes until we pulled into...

A Sonic!!!! I know, I know, it's a fast food joint, not an amusement park. But after years of watching commercials for this place, knowing that the closest Sonic was in Virginia, hearing people who have been to Sonic rave... I was ready to try it myself. And lucky for me, a new location had just opened up a few exits from Philadelphia in Bensalem, PA.


We pulled up to the drive-through window and perused the extensive menu.


Man, decisions, decisions! I finally settled on a basic cheeseburger (with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and mayo) with a side of onion rings. To drink I chose one of Sonic's signature limeades. I added a splash of cranberry to mine. Deb ordered a cheeseburger and onion rings as well, and a cherry limeade.


Deb ordered at our station:



Our food was delivered to our car by a lady on roller skates! She was super sweet, and we got down to eating right away. The burgers were awesome, but the drinks were really amazing! My cranberry limeade was super refreshing, just right for the beastly heat we're having. Deb thoroughly enjoyed her drink as well:


We couldn't resist ordering dessert after we'd finished our lunch. Errr, breakfast. Deb decided on a Chocolate Cream Pie Shake and I went with a Peanut Butter Fudge Shake. Incredible!

Happy Sara:


It was a perfect, spontaneous way to start my day. And it's so exciting to have a Sonic nearby! Although we decided we were glad it wasn't TOO close, as we probably wouldn't eat anywhere else.

Thanks, Deb!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sonic,
I yearn for you to be close to me, shakes, slushes, ice cream, burgers and hot dogs oh my.
I'm thinking of you always. Don't forget me, I'll get to your side soon.
Love,
AMcK

Anonymous said...

I love Sonic! Cherry lime-aids here I come!!!!
~Gina

designerd said...

Wow, I can't imagine not having a Sonic! The tater tots are amazing, the shakes are the best!

I remember, back in the dark ages, when the only special drink they had was Pink Lemonade and there were only three shakes: Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry. Also, they didn't used to have meal deals. They had a Brown Bag Special, which was two burgers made like a No. 1 or a No. 2 (mayo vs. mustard), two sides (fries, tots, or onion rings) and two drinks.

I should apply to be the Sonic Archivist.