Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grateful Day

As promised, here are some of the pictures I snapped on Thanksgiving day in Homer, NY. We were greeted with about a foot of snow on the ground, something that Hyde had never seen before, being raised a southern dog. He took to it immediately and began frolicking with his girlfriend, Molly the dog. Seriously, frolicking. Like jumping and running and generally being the cutest thing ever.

We spent a lot of time outside, sledding and making snow angels and of course, getting into a huge snowball fight. I haven't done that for years. I'd forgotten how much fun playing in the snow was. Of course we chucked snowballs at the house and got yelled at by mom, just like old times. Of course we all ganged up on Jonathan and Deb. Hyde and Molly provided us with reasons to avoid the yellow snow, but all together we had a blast outside. We really worked up an appetite for dinner!

I love the snow, Momma:


Hugging my boy:

I did not think ahead to bring winter gear, so I was playing in the snow in jeans and sneakers. Happily my baby brother Joseph lent me his Carhart hat. Boy was my ass cold and wet when I went inside. Worth it, though.

Deb likes the snow too:


Molly the dog and Hyde chased each other around for hours. I finally got them to stay relatively still for one picture:


I didn't take any pictures at dinner (I was too busy stuffing my face!) but I did manage to get a shot of dessert:

Uncle Jim really out-did himself this year with the pies: he made an apple, a pumpkin, a pecan and a grape pie. They were all superb.

Maria and Ellen tasted all 4 pies:


And on an annoyingly somber note, last night the ladder to my lighting booth slipped, with me on the top rung. It took me to the floor and now my left leg is fucked up something fierce. I probably should have gone to the ER last night, but man, have I spent too much time in the ER lately. I decided to wait and see how it felt this morning. No better. Sigh. I'll keep you posted.

I'm just glad I got to play in the snow before this-- I'm hobbling around now like one of our ancient subscribers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is your ankle get an ace bandage and wrap it tight. Its the only way.

Unknown said...

arghhhh!
i've always been nervous about that ladder of yours!
i hope you're ok (for thursdayyyyyyyyy!!!)